FCA has 1.4 Million UConnect equipped vehicles recalled for hack
Our friends at SkynetisReal highlighted the recent hacking of Fiat Chrysler (FCA) equipped vehicles that have alarming features that can be accessed remotely while a vehicle is driving.
If you drive one of these and care about life, you may want to head to the dealer:
The recall includes 1.4 million vehicles equipped with 8.4-inch touchscreens including:
- 2013-2015 Dodge Vipers
- 2013-2015 Ram 1500, 2500 and 3500 pickups
- 2013-2015 Ram 3500, 4500, 5500 Chassis Cabs
- 2014-2015 Jeep Grand Cherokee and Cherokee SUVs
- 2014-2015 Dodge Durango SUVs
- 2015 MY Chrysler 200, Chrysler 300 and Dodge Charger sedans
- 2015 Dodge Challenger sports coupes
Interesting side note, the 8.4inch UConnect screen is also featured in the Dodge Dart, however, that vehicle is not listed in the recall.